We are excited to help you learn.
We are an online learning platform that offers an easy way for you to learn distillation and extraction techniques. Through our service you can learn at your own pace, in your own home or studio.
By joining this growing community, you’ll also have access to forums for questions and information to further your knowledge and interests.
What you’ll find in this document:
- Welcome to The Alembics Lab
- How you can use this platform
- Alcohol distilling laws around the world
- How we keep and use your private information
- Code of Conduct
- Closing your account
- General information about our terms
Please take the time to read our legal terms.
By accessing or using our Service, you agree to these terms and conditions with us.
In our terms when we say ‘we’ ‘us’ ‘ours’ or ‘The Alembics Lab’ we mean The Alembics Lab online learning platform, who is providing these services to you.
When we say ‘you’ or ‘your’ we mean you—the person using our services.
When we say ‘services’ we mean access to your account and to our online courses.
‘Products’ are any goods also available to purchase on our Website.
2. How you can use this platform
You can use our platform for:
- Creating an Account/user profile
- Buying Services and Products
- Use of the Services, including streaming video material and downloading relevant written content
- Access to Services. You will have access to your Account and these Services for the lifetime of this business, and/or as long you continue to have an Account with us (lifetime access)
Creating an Account/user profile
You will need to create an Account/user profile (hereafter referred to as simply an ‘Account’) in order to access our free course content. You need a valid email address to do this. You will never be asked for any payment details in order to access our free courses.
When you purchase a course, an Account will be automatically created for you (if you don’t already have one) with an auto-generated password. You can (and should) update your password.
Eligibility to create an Account
By creating an account, you agree that it is for your individual use only, and not on behalf of a businesses or organisation. You are responsible for the use of your Account. You may not use an Account on behalf of another person, or permit another person to use your account.
You are responsible for the security of your Account
You must take all reasonable steps to keep your Account secure and to prevent any fraudulent use of it. This includes for example:
- Changing your password regularly
- Ensuring that no one sees you enter your security details when you log in
- Keeping the information we hold about you up to date
- Keeping your electronic devices secure
Buying Services and Products
Once you purchase a course, it will be available to access via your Account and also via the course pages of our site. If you are buy physical products they will be sent to you at the address you’ve specified in your order.
Use of our services—you agree to comply with reasonable use
Your Account and the Services provided are for your private use. You agree that you will not share, broadcast to others, or unlawfully download the Services. You will not share your Account and password with anyone else. You must use this Service for your own personal use, not for any business purpose.
Access to your Account and Services
You will have access to your Account and these Services for the lifetime of this business, and/or as long you continue to have an Account with us (lifetime access). One exception is in the event that you breach any of our terms that may lead to a suspension or deletion of your Account.
You are responsible for the safety of yourself and your property when distilling. All the advice given in our Services are for home use.
Occasionally this service may not be available
We work hard to provide you with the best service we can, and to ensure that you have access to your Account and course content whenever you need. Occasionally, we may need to suspend the Service to maintain or upgrade our systems. We don’t guarantee that our Service will be 100% uninterrupted or error-free. To the maximum extent permitted by Law, we provide our service on an ‘as is’ basis, without any warranty of any kind. That means you use our Service at your own risk. It also means that we exclude and disclaim all implied warranties, to the extent that we legally can.
You must not infringe our Intellectual Property Rights
You accept that we own (or license) the Intellectual Property Rights in our brand, name, the Service and all related materials.
- Except as expressly set out in our terms, you have no right, title or interest in or to these Intellectual Property Rights or in any improvements or variations that may be made to the Service or any related materials.
- Except as expressly provided for your personal use of the Service, nothing in our terms is to be read as giving you any right to use these Intellectual Property Rights without the prior written consent of us or our licensors.
- You won’t reverse engineer, decomplie, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Service or any parts of it.
- If you provide feedback on the Service, you assign ownership to that feedback to use (including any Intellectual Property Rights) without charge.
You agree that you will not use a robot, spider or scraper or other or other unauthorised automated means to access the Service or information on it for any purpose. You also agree that you won’t manually scrape, harvest, or otherwise extract material from our Service without our express permission.
3. Alcohol distilling laws differ around the world
You agree to comply with the law when using our Services. We are entitled by law in NZ to distil alcohol at home for personal use under the Customs and Excise Act 1996. It is up to you to ensure you abide by the local distilling laws and regulations in your area, particularly those laws and regulations governing still ownership and distilling alcohol.
The educational material and the content of The Alembics Lab online learning platform are for informational and educational use only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, nor are they intended to convey legal guidelines. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
The Alembics Lab takes great care to ensure that the information it provides is accurate and up to date. However, The Alembics Lab, its owners, tutors, employees and other contractors will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising from the application of information provided on this platform.
5. How we keep and use your private information
- What information we collect about you
- How we can use your information
- Who we can share your information with
- Your options for how we use your information
6. Code of Conduct
When you take our courses, you are encouraged to join our distilling community and make use of The Alembics Lab’s online discussion forums, accessible via our website. The forums have been created for course-related Q&A and discussions. This is a space to share thoughts, to pose questions and to help each other.
By using our forums you agree to the following Code of Conduct:
- Be Kind and Courteous. Respect other users. We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- No Promotions or Spam. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed.
- On-topic posts & comments please. Keep discussions and Q&A relevant and helpful.
- Do not post unauthorised personal information. This includes names, address, phone number, email etc. Make sure you respect the confidentiality of others and do not disclose any non-public information or personal information without consent.
- You are responsible for the content you post. This includes information, text, photos, messages etc. If you didn’t create the content that you post, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary consents.
Any abusive, offensive or inflammatory posts or pictures, or any comments which personally attack any individual will not be tolerated and will be removed, and may result in a user’s suspension or removal from the forum(s).
Serious or repeated breaches of our Code of Conduct can result in suspension or termination of the user’s account. This is at the discretion of The Alembics Lab and our moderators.
The Alembics Lab will refund your payment in full with no questions asked if you request a refund within 48 hours of purchase. After 48 hours, course fees are not refundable.
Requests for refund should be sent by email to email@example.com
The refund will be made within 48 hours of your request, directly to the credit card you used to make the purchase.
Please note that non-completion of course material or assessment is not grounds for a refund claim.
8. Closing your account
You can close your account at any time
You can ask us to close your account at any time, by giving us notice by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can close your account when we have good reason
Without affecting any other right or remedy available to us, and except when our specific terms say otherwise, we can close your Account with immediate effect, at any time if:
- You breach any of our terms
- We have reasonable grounds for believing that you have committed or are about to commit a crime
- You breach our code of conduct
If we close your Account because of any of the first two reasons, you will pay us any costs and expenses associated with closing your account and we will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of us closing your Account.
We can close your Account for any reason after giving you 14 days’ notice
In addition to the right to close your Account set out above (and in our specific terms), we may also close your account or the Service for any other reason by giving you at least 14 days’ written notice.
9. General information about our terms
How you can contact us
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the contact details on our website.
We can make changes to our terms
We can change our terms, from time to time, by giving you notice. If we make changes to our terms that is likely to have a material negative impact on you, we will generally give you at least 14 days’ notice. However we may give less notice in special circumstances, for example if we’re required to make a change for regulatory or legal reasons.
We don’t need to give notice of changes that benefit you, don’t materially reduce the benefit of the relevant Service to you, or are incidental changes (such as clarity, drafting and typographical amendments) which may take effect immediately and will be available on The Alembics Lab Website.
By continuing to access or use the Service after the effective date of any change, you have accepted the change. If you don’t want to accept any proposed changes, you should notify us immediately, stop using the service and close your Account.
If any of our terms are inconsistent with any Law the Law will apply. Other terms may also be implied by law.
If it turns out that part of these terms can’t be enforced, then that part will be removed or edited as little as possible, and the rest of the terms will continue to apply.
If we don’t insist that you perform your obligations under these terms, it doesn’t mean that you don’t have to. Similarly, if we don’t enforce our rights under our terms, or we delay in doing so, it doesn’t mean we’ve given up those rights.
How to read our terms
Headings are provided only to make these terms easier to read and understand. The fact that we wrote these headings won’t affect their interpretation. Where we have provided examples in these terms to help explain what we mean, those may not be all possible examples.